PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CARDIFF - 2
Thread: CARDIFF - 2
View Single Post
Old 2nd Dec 2015, 21:26
Itchin McCrevis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What exactly are the management doing ? BRS are getting everything all the time
I can assure you that CWL are out there investing in business development and talking to airlines.

As a city Cardiff has much going for it - I lived there very happily for several years - but as has been stated many times beyond the city itself South Wales is a poor catchment - compared to BRS catchment it is lacking in population density, relatively poor in terms of wealth and the population has a relatively low propensity to fly, add to this the airports relatively poor surface access.

Against this background the progress made since it managed to shed those idiots at Abertis should be regarded as very positive. The route structure that it sustains merely reflects the needs and aspirations of the catchment - a few key city links for the business and the more aspirational leisure communities plus core bucket and spade routes for the general populace. Airport catchments develop and evolve over decades not over just a few years.

did CWL attempt to get the WOW flights ??
Who says CWL even knew about these?, maybe WOW weren't remotely interested in operating from CWL or talking to them? CWL do not have an automatic option on every business transaction that occurs down the road at BRS.