PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Answer yes or no to the RAF bombing Syria this coming week.
Old 2nd Dec 2015, 19:25
Hangarshuffle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If they vote "yes" in an hours time or so, then we lose control of our own self made situation. We will be relying on others to win this war-hundreds of warring disparate groups who are fighting ISIS and fighting the Syrian Government in Syria and in Iraq: who incidentally all collectively and actually hate us anyway.
1.Bombing wont make the UK safer - the opposite will occur for the ordinary people in our streets.
2.Limited bombing campaign from the RAF with < 20 aircraft/drones wont defeat the many and opposing groups.
3.We haven't got a partner fighting with us on the ground. (The 70k worth of undercover anti-whoever paramilitaries -not true)
4.We will hopefully never commit the limited UK troops we still have to a ground war. Public will never agree to it. It would be an autocratic decision to do so and the end of true democracy here, I deeply fear this. And yet the failure of the air war may force this action.
5. Russia and her own agenda.
6. If France suffers another ISIL atrocity their Government may fall. May withdraw from the air campaign. Not impossible to vision.
7. Highly likely we will suffer viscous reprisals from terrorist groups already here - they wont necessarily use firearms to achieve an attack. Our civilian defences, our civilian police and other agencies can not cope with the threat. This attack will put a tremendous strain on the UK Govt. which ISL can exploit for the cost of a few martyrs, not millions of pounds worth of £ weaponry.

Stopping there. It makes no sense to gamble and enter a war for such a limited return. Gamblers are often well meaning mugs, but generally, on average they lose.

But I deeply resent the way Cameron, our own PM, describe anyone who may vote against or speak against this war as a terrorist sympathiser. Who, moi?
I'd quote the very evil Nazi Goering and what can bring a nation, any nation into a war but I cant be ******.
I rarely pray, but I am tonight.

Sorry racedo I lost count of the score, but I think we lost.