PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Asia Indonesia Lost Contact from Surabaya to Singapore
Old 2nd Dec 2015, 16:52
sooty3694

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@pekay

Points taken but in every report I have read I recall reading that when referring to sounds picked up by the CAM they generally refer to them as "sound similar to"....

Nevertheless, do you not think that there could have been a whole lot more of the CVR transcript published. There are an awful lot of gaps and it beggars belief that the crew were not communicating more than was quoted. Sure if they were praying, which some over there might understand and relate to, I can understand it being deleted, but other than a few 'Oh My Gods" and "pull it" or "push it" surely they MUST have had some kind of discussion and interaction related to the numerous repeated ECAM messages at the very least.

The crew reaction to these warnings IS relevant to the inquiry, but instead of using information that the crew verbalized between themselves it seems to prefer to concentrate on what the FDR recorded as their probable actions. Without the "intent" which would have been gleaned from the CVR data we are left to believe that they may not have left their seat to re-set a CB that should not have been re-set.

I'm sure you get my drift.