PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Asia Indonesia Lost Contact from Surabaya to Singapore
Old 2nd Dec 2015, 14:33
MrSnuggles

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gysbreght:

On the airbus, stall warning is only encountered in alternate law, i.e. when the systems are already degraded by multiple failures. So stall warning is always preceded by other, unrelated, warnings calling for ECAM actions, and causing an unusual and stressful environment in which aural warnings tend to be ignored.
This MIGHT be one of those strange things that MIGHT be involved in the repeat of AF447.

As I see it: The publicity from the AF case, its widespread media coverage, the appaling truth, noone, especially not a French aviator, would have missed that report. I honestly believe that FO here had knowlegde of the causes of AF447 and I betcha he never ever thought that would happen to him. I am sure he believed he would have all the nuts in the bag if **** ever got to that. Yet he too failed. And the Capt failed. In horrifyingly similar circumstances.

There must be something more about this. MAYBE it has to do with ergonomics. MAYBE aural warnings are not optimal. MAYBE it after all is a stick vs yoke discussion. I do not know. MAYBE it has something to do with sensory feedback. The input from pilots experienced in both types of aircraft might be extremely valuable.

What do you think?