PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Asia report
Thread: Air Asia report
View Single Post
Old 2nd Dec 2015, 08:18
oriental flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unless a rudder hard over can be definitively attributable as the cause of the accident which it hasn't been . The only logical conclusion is crew error .
Much that I hate to pass judgement on fellow pilots , it would appear that a total lack of basic flying skills resulted in the loss of a serviceable aircraft.
Quite how a 23,000 hour Capt allowed an un-commanded climb by the FO from FL 320 to finally stall at FL 380 instead of flying straight and level is beyond comprehension . Side stick or not . " I have control " should suffice ,

So yes the lack of basic stick and rudder skills by the Younger generation of pilots is coming home to roost and I fear that this will not be the last time this sort of thing happens
Just as a matter of interest , how many of our SOs actually get to hand fly the aircraft in cruise under the Capts supervision ? Or do we rely on the fact that although very unlikely ,the first time he may be called upon to do this could well be when the Capt or Relief Pilot are off the flight deck for a bathroom break .