PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Answer yes or no to the RAF bombing Syria this coming week.
Old 1st Dec 2015, 20:03
Hangarshuffle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"No" people closed the gap a little.

23 no, 28 yes or thereabouts at 21.32L here. Bit closer tonight I thought with some well reasoned arguments but the "yes" people are always ahead.
The newspapers seem to have it as a forgone conclusion for a yes and to be honest now sadly, so do I.
I pleaded with my MP to vote no (via official e-mail to the HOP), but she has totally ignored me and doesn't reply. Fair enough - they must get millions of pleas from beggars, nutters, and the likes of I.

The responsibility of being a British MP at times, in times such as these is massive. Incredibly so. We a nation of 60 million very differing souls with different aspirations, colours, creeds and backgrounds represented by just a few hundred.
I have read the background of my MP very carefully and we are a little similar but also very different in life's experiences.I know that for a fact, unlike me, she has never heard the crack of the rocket close or the boom of the air dropped bomb far -that was my choice. Or never seen the tears of the Arabs - the sad, career spin-off undignified spectacle you may come upon when working out your days for the Queen. When you see it , it never leaves you. Whatever happens, I hope they vote intelligently and considerately, and truly bin the red side against the blue side thing.
Goodnight.