PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Allegiant fires pilot after ordering an emergency evacuation
Old 1st Dec 2015, 18:43
CAPTDOUG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CAPTDOUG & wanabee777
Case from Hawaii: Hawaiian Airlines v. Norris, 1994 (findlaw link: HAWAIIAN AIRLINES, INC. v. NORRIS | FindLaw)
I believe that the U.S. Supreme Court's ruling in Norris, that the RLA does not necessarily require an airline pilot, who claims he or she was discharged from employment because they had been a "whistleblower," to proceed only through the RLA's arbitration dispute resolution system, is still "good law." Meaning unlike Magnum whose run ended (except in syndication), the ruling in Norris, more than 20 years later, is still the law in the U.S.
(If there is a later case, which I have missed, changing the law, after Norris, well, this legal advice is worth what you have paid for it!

Your not talking apples and apples.. Its called Air21 and it is a whistle blower. BUT it has to happen prior to a pilot being punished not after if the legal system is to have any power.

Also let it be known that RLA covers all airline pilots regardless if a Union is on property..As in the case of the Allegiant Captain I have heard that their union is giving him the cold shoulder.. So much for paying his union dues....