PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Asia Indonesia Lost Contact from Surabaya to Singapore
Old 1st Dec 2015, 15:55
mac76

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We don't have any procedure for resetting facs other than the push button on the overhead ,there is no procedure in QRH in resets section,i have 5022 hrs on airbus and have been flying it since 2007,we only did our first high level stall training last week in the sim ( fl350) ,so for 8 years i have done only a basic stall at 5000 ft and only last week we did first high stall recovery in bank & with wings level we took 3 to 4000 feet to recover ,as we take a little time to ensure the aircraft is unstalled before adding thrust,whereas before airbus taught us to add toga thrust and lower the wings .

These guys prob have not had the chance to practice high level stall recovery ,the startle factor, the design of the side sticks is not really helpful when one guy is frozen on the stick ,even though the take over push button is supposed to allow the other pilot to take over.i studied the af 447 accident in detail and there are many many similarities here ,it seems we must do more high level stall training in the sim ,the companies have to spend more time and more money in the sim for their crews.As other pilots have discussed the f/o was totally absorbed in leveling the wings at the expense of not paying enough attention to lowering the nose and the ease at which he pulls back on the stick instead of pushing forward is a serious problem .

The airbus test pilots need to speak to the airline pilots at training briefings and give them more understanding and more insight into stall recovery of airbus aircraft at high levels above fl200.There is too much confidence that the a/c is in normal law and u cant stall it when the aircraft is actually in alternate law and u can stall it.