PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What will recreational flying be like in a few decades?
Old 1st Dec 2015, 12:32
cjm_2010

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I fly what I would call a classic aeroplane, because I love it, metaphorically speaking. I hope I can get another 10 years of doing just that.

For me, I dislike most of the newer breed type microlight things, they pretty much all look the same, boring, lightweight flimsy. And frankly I'd rather pack up than own and fly one. Sorry buts that is how I feel.
No apology is necessary my friend, to each their own, and if you're going to invest in a hobby it should be in a machine that brings you joy.

I've gone the other direction, having started my PPL training back in 2010 in a PA-38; I got 25 hours in & had to stop due to costs.

Earlier this year I had a go in a C42 and I was hooked. It's very involving to fly, and once I have my NPPL, hopefully I'll be able to get into a group & fly at less than 50 quid/hour wet!

Some of the aircraft in the microlight category offer astounding performance & are also extremely frugal. Maybe you should give one a test flight.