PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Keilir Aviation Academy ?
View Single Post
Old 1st Dec 2015, 08:46
Alex Whittingham

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think that, if you challenged them, the 98% statement would always be referred back to the qualifier on the web page I quoted. It certainly is not the same as saying '98% of the pilots that start with us are placed in airline jobs' and probably includes (by some deft semantic twiddling) pilots who find their own jobs with Ryanair etc.

There is no doubt that CTC have very good routes through to the airlines. To my mind the problem is the price they charge and consequently the debt that graduates carry. CTC were making a profit when they charged £60K for the Wings course, the only way I can see they can justify the current pricing is that the market will support it, supply and demand, and of course all that expensive marketing has to be paid for. If you look around you will find integrated courses for less than £60K in the UK, and even less than €60K in Europe. Ultimately you have to make a call whether you think the extra price is worth the extra debt, and that you are reasonably certain that the jobs that are there today will still be there in 18 months to 2 years when you hit the market.

I'm a strong advocate of the modular route, but it may be that my position makes me biased. You can train to the equivalent licence standard on modular courses for around £45K to £65K depending on the choices you make including MCC/JOC and upset training, and you can stay in work for most/all of your training. BCFT are well thought of in the industry, a good school.