PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAS makes RM336 mil, SIA loss S$1.1 bil
View Single Post
Old 6th Jul 2003, 20:44
Goldwing2000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Folks, in now way do I condone what Usman says regarding certain racists remarks but to be brutally honest, the substence of his posts is correct. Before we condemn him as a racists and I digress, what does one make of the amazing and vitriolic comments of the prime minister of Malaysia a couple weeks ago!!That was nothing short of anti europeannism but hey that was okay because he's been around a long time plus he's much respected, isn't he?If any western leader had made the same comments except it being anti muslim, I would imagine there would be a fatwa currently on his head!!One has to understand the politics and rhetoric that surronds Malaysian life to really appreciate where Usman is coming from and as mentioned already the facts that he has laid out on this forum is basically true.
Where else in the world would an airline that has been losing billions been allowed to continue operating and pay the chairman the same value he bought the shares for when the value of the shares were almost rock bottom?Where in the world does the national oil company (Petronas)pay the salary of the pilots and workers of the national airline when some kampung kid buys and wreck the pride and joy of the country? Where in the world does the national pension corporation help bail out national companies that have been losing tonnes of money at the expense of the taxpayers money? No where except of course Malaysia!! The malays or bumis have been given everything on a golden plate and yes some have been successful and low key though the majority have pillaged the country systematically and to all intents and purpose got away with daylight robbery!What has happened in Malaysia isn't fantasy as a lot of people have accused Usman of relaying BUT factual. What is ironic and quite amusing in Malaysia is that the public all know the short comings of the politicians and certain bumis but for national unity a calm and relax facade is potrait? All I say is when will we ever learn and hopefully with a change of Govt things will change for the better but I suppose that's wishful thinking.

Safe flying to one and all

Goldwing2000