PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SOUTHEND 5
Thread: SOUTHEND 5
View Single Post
Old 30th Nov 2015, 19:06
chesna152

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
At the risk of going over old ground there have been EZY arrivals at 2am and after, next time there is one I shall let you know! I was simply addressing the rather frequent accusation of commercial arrivals not being allowed to land due to a 11pm, midnight... (Insert made up time here) curfew. There is no curfew or closure, any decision by ezy to not operate is normally due to crew hours...rather than airport availability. This has not been the case in the past but certainly is now!

Trains: well I think that has been talked to death on here so let's not start that up again.

Terminal closure: while I agree it may be advantageous to have the terminal open H24 let's think about this from a business point of view. To my Knowledge bar the occasional cleaner the terminal is empty of staff overnight. To staff the terminal being open overnight there would need to be 2(?) staff on duty, so probably 4 1/2 people to cover the year and holiday cover, at a cost of day 70/80k. Where do the airport recover the revenue? While its a lovely thing to say to the passenger that the terminal is h24 while there is not a business case to do it, it will not happen. It's fun to play airport manager from an armchair however when there is real money being spent it's not quite so easy to justify costs which will not be of direct benefit to the balance sheet.