PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aussie fire contracts
View Single Post
Old 6th Jul 2003, 19:25
clearance

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HM - Sorry for the delay with my reply...
Quote "as per my previous post, I disagree. I think a 206 size acft with a long line is an excellent mop up acft" Unquote - I'm sure it is! However, does that mean a 412 is an excellent 'Air Attack' platform, probably is, but a bit expensive... All I'm saying is that each type has a 'place' within the operation depending on a variety of factors. I'm not saying they shouldn't be used, I'm saying that I can see why the 'powers to be' maybe reluctant to use them as in future (mentioned previously).

John Eacott...

You said - "Clearance, I'd modify your assertion that Victorian's have led the way. Media publicity aside, there are pro's and con's to the current reliance upon belly tank equipped mediums, to the exclusion of (almost) all else"

Now John, all I have said is that the Vic's have been operating (under contract, not adhoc) multi and medium single-eng fire fighting aircraft for many, many years. Unlike NSW, that just grab what ever they can at the time (I realise that things are changing, albeit slowly).

PS: It is good to see WA with a dedicated service, over the next few years when they get extra funding they 'will' up grade to twins, trust me :-)