PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Answer yes or no to the RAF bombing Syria this coming week.
Old 30th Nov 2015, 17:32
Melchett01

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
If you think that working with JaN/AQ is sustainable you need to do some research on JaN atrocities in this conflict.

They too behead regime soldiers/militia and slaughter Alawites. Yes they've worked with "moderates", but these "moderates" are still Islamists. They've also brokered deals with secular opposition groups, invited them into their HQ, then executed them.

Not an organisation we should be working with.
downsizer,

You should re-read my post as I never said we should work with JaN/AQ, I'm afraid that is your misreading of my post.

What I said was that the AQ philosophy in Syria was for sustainable domination through a slowly slowly catch your monkey approach vice D'aesh's torture, rape and pillage approach. I know full what JaN are capable of and they by and large toned things down (it's all relative in this utter basket case of a civil war) after most Syrians rightly gave them a stiff ignoring when they first appeared on the scene and tried to enforce their will. If you go back you will see that what I said is we need to be prepared for the fallout of them being the last man standing once D'aesh has gone. Nowhere does that imply working with them.