PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Keilir Aviation Academy ?
View Single Post
Old 30th Nov 2015, 15:21
Reverserbucket

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Of course it seems if you could get through this that likelihood of employment is somewhere in the high 90%."

Is that really the case? Seems rather high even for an ATO with airline contracts. There are other less expensive options as well and I don't really think age is that much of a barrier at 32. Have you considered modular over integrated for example as with a PPL you have already started down the path so to speak?

I must confess to never having heard of Keilir before but I've looked at their website now and it looks like a very interesting place to fly. I have worked with Icelandic aviators and find them to be extremely professional, decent and very nice people.

You've identified that your eyesight might be an obstacle and you say you'll get a Class 1. Bear in mind that the state of issuance of your medical will have a bearing on eventual licence issue so you may want to consider researching that in more depth but I would consider that a small investment to make before moving forward. Good Luck.

Edited to say I see the previous poster has already suggested Modular.