PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DGCA -ATPL - Oral -QBank
View Single Post
Old 30th Nov 2015, 06:54
avl998

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey

this was the mail i had put in a couple of months back to the authorities:

Good Evening Sir, I am an Indian commercial pilot license holder, like many other fellow pilots I was also looking for a job just after finishing my training but I soon realized that there are not many jobs in the market for fresher's, finally sir the only way to get into the airlines is either i pass my ATPL papers with oral exams or go for a type rating to get some preference among others, since sir I was not financially stable I gave the atpl exams.
I passed my orals and my papers are valid for 5 years now just need to fulfill the flying requirements for issue of Atpl.
Sir now the problem comes that even pilots within the airlines and the ones without the airline jobs need to get the required flying hours which becomes challenging especially for the fresher's like me.
As sir there are a lot many cpl holders with papers passed but sir over the time most of us are not able to fulfill the flying hours within the time span and have to attempt everything again.
Therefore sir my only request to you is if in case pilots have passed the atpl papers and there validity is coming to an end if it can be renewed or if there could be a provision for frozen atpl issue, just like in Europe and USA, so that the pilots just need the required hours to issue the Atpl and don't have to pass orals again since there competency is already been checked once while passing the orals and the frozen atpl can be renewed.
From the pilots and airlines point of view also it could create a difference as it will become an added advantage for the airline and encouragement to the cpl holders also the training standard will also improve sir in terms of theoretical knowledge. Request you sir to give it a thought once.
WarmRegards
Sent by Outlook for Android