PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DGCA -ATPL - Oral -QBank
View Single Post
Old 30th Nov 2015, 06:53
avl998

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey guys

this perhaps is the wrong thread to share , but had to discuss it guys before i go any further into it

This is regarding the concept called as frozen atpl , i dont understand the reason why the written and orals validity is 5 years and then if lapsed we go over it again already being competent enough to pass it once just because the flying requirements are not fulfilled in the particular time frame thats my main question here,

compare it with the west(USA and Europe) where you only pass and slog it out once and then whenever you fulfill the flying requirement you get it issued .

i dont see any good reason that why the papers should lapse , secondly i do know even in the airlines the co pilots are just about managing to finish the requirement in about 5 years time from the time of induction forget about the guys who are not employed yet.

So i did make an attempt to right it to concerned authority stil waiting for the response but let me know guys if this is making any sense , i just want a provision to be made something like the atpl frozen or may be the written validity could be renewed.

the advantages would be more qualified people in the market who just dont have the hours and the cpl guys would be motivated to study even further while they look for employment and the overall standards of theoretical knowledge would improve.This is not a selfish motive lot other guys in the flying and waiting to get hired will get effected.