PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - F-35 Cancelled, then what ?
View Single Post
Old 30th Nov 2015, 01:25
Lonewolf_50

Received 404 Likes on 250 Posts
Originally Posted by Royalistflyer
I served during the 1960s at the height of the Cold War. I also know my history. The Americans - after British scientists during the War had handed over all their nuclear research and worked on the Manhattan Project - subsequently refused to share their atomic technology with us. British politicians of both parties agreed that we must develop our own atomic weapons and subsequently thermonuclear weapons. By this time the Americans agreed to supply us with some weapons the B2b, which we accepted, only to find that the design was defective and had to be replaced. This drove us to a policy of not relying on their technology.
That has nothing to do with the topic at hand, and OBTW is fifty years ago. First of all, clue, is nuclear issues versus conventional issues.

If I had your crap for brains attitude, Royalistflyer, I'd have been shooting at Japanese when I was deployed there in the late 80s early 90's, because fifty years prior we were at war. I'd also have been shooting at Italians and Germans when I worked in NATO, because fifty years prior we were at war with them.

Fortunately for allied relations with those nations, I am not an idiot, and neither are the defense staffs of our two nations. As to putting up with fools on the British Defense staff, I'll let Admiral Ernest King have the last word on that. By the way, he's dead, and has nothing more to say about it.

Year is 2015. Catch up to the now.