PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why the raf can’t deliver the punch cameron wants in syria
Old 29th Nov 2015, 18:26
Hangarshuffle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maybe Ward has a point? Even in the scummy papers...

Britain's missing Tornados as No10 wants to send more jets to Syria | Daily Mail Online

The Mail on Sunday pulled no punches and is right to publish this story.
The coming strike will be conducted by Tornado, but by a relatively small number from an ever reducing force.
Familiar to every serving RAF member here I'm sure but don't moan at me, it's illuminating to civilians like myself.
Talk of a "marginal" contribution. Will the effect of the strikes themselves be worth the blood price we will surely pay on our own streets or elsewhere British people are to be found and easily attacked?
An ex-AVM says the attacks can not be maintained at any level of intensity to the detriment of the enemy.
I could post this in any one of three or four running threads on here.....the air attacks just don't add up to the risk they incur, or are worth the wrath we will incur later.

* Just a point of order, way up back in the posts above someone said a carrier was delayed from sailing because of a faulty radar. I think that was Invincible in February or March of 1998 whilst on some another anti Iraq operation. I'd have to check my diary, which I don't have with me. The port was Dubai. The radar was the heavy duty looking long range radar above the bridge (forget type name).We were at sea. As I re-call retainer bolts had sheared due to sea motion? (STBC there). However we were alongside DB within a short time, a new part flown out, a crane hired and the radar self- changed by the WE Department within a pretty short period -2 days alongside, maybe a slight delay sailing at night due to the cross wind? Very impressive, the way that obstacle was overcome. Back on operations shortly thereafter. Was never a massive lover of CVS but it or they are a part of my professional past-life for better or worse. HS.