PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Keilir Aviation Academy ?
View Single Post
Old 29th Nov 2015, 17:32
PaulTobiasStanding

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Keilir Aviation Academy ?

I'm hoping this won't be marked as having been answered specifically before (have tried reading sticky threads etc.).

I'll try and make this snappy;

-32 years old.
-Think my eyesight JUST falls within limits but I'll get class 1 medical before doing anything.
-Hold a EASA PPL(A) Since May but only a handful of post test hours (5).

I've tried many time and will continue to apply to CTC wings cadet schemes, but I understand due to my age and lack of university degree I stand very little chance of getting in. Also All schemes seem to cost somewhere between £90,000 - £100,000 not including the money you would need to live on for 2 years. Of course it seems if you could get through this that likelihood of employment is somewhere in the high 90%.

Should I consider doing the "Integrated Professional Pilot Program" at Keilir Acadamy ? The price being € 62,990, translates to £44,390 if I could get a loan in the UK.

What are the downsides ?

Do you come out with far fewer hours than the CTC qualification?
Are you far less likely to actually gain employment due to it not being CTC ?

The school itself from the website looks very good and have seen a few really good comments about the school itself.

Any advice much appreciated, even the likely "give up you haven't got a chance of succeeding".

Paul