PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Boeing Brilliance - Sometimes I am just amazed that Airbus is even in existence
Old 6th Jul 2003, 16:14
used2flyboeing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My two cents about France, Airbus Boeing & Embraer ...

Do the majority of frence women have silicone breats ? - Ive never seen so many beautiful thin women with relatively big boobs!! Just absolutely fabulous women ..

France will be run by the Taliban in a few years - they got the same problem as aging England - the Anglo-files are being overrun by the French Commonwealth workers - the one's they conquered in previous generations - read Briget Bardots recent book - for which she was indicted for hate speach .. AIRBUS aircraft wil be bought and sold with Rupies .. - my point is there is no longer a Frenchman per-se ..particilarly when they cant afford to reproduce..

The Concorde, TGV and the A380 are more examples of Europes insatiable appetite for projects that are "too big to fail"- regardless of the economic sense..

AIRBUS makes a great product because they have had the best teacher - BOEING - AIRBUS has shamlessly copied almost every technical innovation Boeing - even the layout of the FCU .. They should have copied the aisle stand as well - IE no tactile indiucation of thrust. The A340/330 was a terrible flop - but they fixed the problems - IE literally re-launched a new aircraft ( put a whole new wing on it after fiddling with it for 10 years ).

The Embraer is going to kill the competition in the >100 seat market - that airplane is literally a $24 Million dollar mini-777, only with the latest thinking in aerodynamics etc.. - why is it so good you may ask - because Embraer has hired tons of layed-off Boeing engineers. Bombardier is going to have a tough go against the little bird - wonder where the 717 will fit in ? Why do you think Lockheed Martin is partnering with Enbraer on the new mini-AWACS

Everybody look at Honeywell - here is a company that is "hosing" another new aircraft intro ( Embraer ERJ170 ) with their hosed up Primus Epic Avionic & Fly-By-Wire suite. This is exactly what happened to the 777 intro. Only difference is, Boeing amassed a great army of engineers/programmers to fix the problem, Cant wait to see how long / this plays out - particularly because Embraer has no experiance. I hope they wrote "feet-to-the-fire" contracts as opposed to "working together" or "unlimited partnership" contracts ..

Great discussion though