PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VISION THREAD (other than colour vision) 2
Old 29th Nov 2015, 12:16
MattLR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the replies. I found this (below) online under the CAA link that 'seen_the_box' gave me.

It suggests that I could take a flight test to prove my eyes worthy of gaining a Class 1. Am i right?

Just seems annoying that my binocular vision is perfect (6/5) and yet i cant be a pilot

Class 1
(c) Substandard vision
(1) Applicants with reduced central vision in one eye may be assessed as fit if the binocular visual field is normal and the underlying pathology is acceptable according to ophthalmological assessment. A satisfactory medical flight test and a multi-pilot limitation are required.
(2) An applicant with acquired substandard vision in one eye may be assessed as fit with a multi-pilot limitation if:
(i) the better eye achieves distant visual acuity of 6/6 (1.0), corrected or uncorrected;
(ii) the better eye achieves intermediate visual acuity of N14 and N5 for near;
(iii) in the case of acute loss of vision in one eye, a period of adaptation time has passed from the known point of visual loss, during which the applicant is assessed as unfit;
(iv) there is no significant ocular pathology; and
(v) a medical flight test is satisfactory.
(3) An applicant with a visual field defect may be considered as fit if the binocular visual field is normal and the underlying pathology is acceptable to the licensing authority.