PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hawker Hunter down at Shoreham
View Single Post
Old 29th Nov 2015, 10:35
A and C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Capot

All living languages move on, as apposed to dead languages like Latin, so meanings of words slowly change sometimes for the better and sometimes for the worse, sometimes it is because of the wish to sound as if user has spcalist knowlage, the careless use of "runway" by the more talentless members of the press when describing any part of an airfield is a good example.

The term justice is now being used to mean a moral outcome rather than a judicial outcome and it is in those terms that I used the term justice.

Murder is the correct judicial term for the mercy killing I described in my post above but most people would not see someone driven to such actions as a murderer in the criminal sence.

The people who died at Shoreham who totally unconnected with the air show and just happened to be in the wrong place had a great moral injustice done to them, through no fault whatsoever they died, it is in those terms I use ( or may be misuse) the term justice.

This is all a bit academic as it is playing on the dynamic use of modern language and its meaning, but one thing about all of this is that the only thing that will bring any closure to the bereaved is knowing the truth of the situation. That truth can only be delivered if it is uncorrupted buy the influence of those with axes to grind or money to make.