PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SOUTHEND 5
Thread: SOUTHEND 5
View Single Post
Old 28th Nov 2015, 20:37
Lord Gumboil Jnr.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Daz211

Thanks for the test confirmation yesterday.

It maybe that you are already aware of the short-cut, or to describe it more accurately, the traffic avoidance route from the A127 but, for what it’s worth --

When approaching along the A127, turn Left at the ‘Tesco’ roundabout onto the B1013, Nestuda Way. Then Right at the next roundabout onto the new St. Lawrence Way. Continue down the ‘cutting’ which is almost parallel with RW05 (good view along the runway). Having come up from the ‘cutting’ the road goes Left at the next roundabout. After a few metres there is a road painted roundabout at a T Junction where the route goes Right onto Eastwoodbury Lane. Continue along to the T Junction and turn Left onto Eastwoodbury Crescent. fter a very short distance you will see the Holiday Inn where you turn Left at the roundabout (McDonald's) and Voilà, you are there Mon Ami.
This ‘diversion’ can save a lot of time in peak periods and I cannot imagine that anybody aware of it would approach the airport by any other route when coming from the West. For some reason the powers that be appear unwilling to recognise it and it may suggest that they are still sensitive to the anti-brigade, a stalwart of whom lives along Eastwoodbury Lane. The route is through what may be described as a more residential area not best suited to heavy vehicles, although it is on a frequent bus route.
As for your observations regarding your return flight and the delays at bag collection etc., they are certainly worrying and I believe that I may have heard the occasional moan regarding this in recent times. What-ever the frequency of such happenings, I very much hope that the latest new management is addressing the matter.