PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Russia sends four SU27s to Syria
View Single Post
Old 28th Nov 2015, 20:30
Hangarshuffle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wouldn't want to fly anywhere in that region now, at all.
Way too much aggression is now coming to the surface by many nations, my own included. All this will have a detrimental affect on the whole regions economy generally as an aside..
Needs to be de-escalated by sensible people, who seem generally in a short supply.This so needs to be sorted out around a table, quickly.

Still cant see what throwing British RAF aircraft into the mix will somehow even remotely help in a volatile situation.
Chicken Little act? 100 years of Britain involved in war after conflict after war have made me weary of reading of it and scared for our people being involved (again) with it, in any way at all.

No reply from my M.P. or her aid about my sincere request for her to vote against it (the vote on an air war for starters). It says it all. They must have ripped the poppies off their jackets in the blink of an eye.

Anyone who speaks out against the coming war is prone to horrible ridicule - this mornings cartoons in the Daily Telegraph (a fading newspaper now) about Corbyn were a disgusting spectacle, and have been for days. But its exactly the British Leader of the Oppositions role to do just about exactly that-take the counterpoint up on behalf of the voters who didn't vote for Cameron. I would like him to shout it out. Winning future elections are irrelevant right now, I want someone, anyone - to advocate some anti-war politics, just for once.
Anyway, goodnight.