PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why the raf can’t deliver the punch cameron wants in syria
Old 28th Nov 2015, 19:12
Bob Viking

Received 567 Likes on 159 Posts
Sharkey

No matter what we say about him on here I bet he retires to his grubby little bunk at night and laughs himself to sleep about the furore he causes in this forum every time he spouts his usual cr@p.

I have the utmost respect for what he and the rest of the task force achieved in 1982 but whatever his motives now he needs to grow old a little more gracefully.

Excuse the tangent here but I will explain myself so bear with me.

Whenever people (laughably in my personal opinion) suggest the moon landings were a hoax I tell them that I believe it would have been harder to get several thousand people to commit to a lie for nearly 50 years of such epic proportions than it would have been to put a man on the moon.

Here's why I make that point. I flew the Jaguar and never went on operations. I know many people who have flown the Harrier, Tornado and Typhoon on operations. Unless they have all committed to the same made up story I believe what they tell me. Despite some problems along the way all three platforms have provided a sterling service when required. I believe them over Sharkey Ward. It would appear that the mainstream media agree with me or we would undoubtedly hear more from him in much more high profile publications.

BV