PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Canada: Training & Employment prospects
View Single Post
Old 6th Jul 2003, 12:52
rotorboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Couple of things to remember. first you will not get an instruction job, in canada right away, about opposite of what is in the states. Mosst of the instructors are high time guys who like being home more in there golden years. ( ill catch flack for that)

If you are going to canada, find a school that is assoicated with an operating company. I would stay away from one or two of the above metnioned pilot mills. Airborne energy, VIH, Great Slave, Canadian are all big operators that have been know to hire klow time guys, espically ones that have come through there flight school.

Give a guy called Bob Reimer a call, Bob was the CP for VIH for 15 years, and bought VIH's flight school, but is assoicated with them. he is also a Examiner. He is only taking a couple of students at a time. Coast Heli college. There is a guy you can learn some stuff from.

Another thought is ol ed in Cambell river, E& B, another utility operator who trains in the winter.

You need to decide if you are going to the us or canada, pick where you want to be and find a flight school there. If you want recomendations let me know. Been awhile since I instructed but still have a pretty good grasp of who will fleece you and who will be fair.

If you can get a J1 visa, go US and do the cfi/cfii route, fly 800- 1k your first year teching and going insane, then off to tours in the ditch or Ak , and the world opens up...

later rb

ask if can anwser anything else for you