PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ideas for" Innovative ways of saving money "
Old 28th Nov 2015, 11:46
120feet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear Mr. Angry

My post was a satirical response to the RUMOR that certain a Manager made a comment about the lazy pilots getting 15 days off a month and that pilots should be treated like office workers and be given no more than 8 days off. A la 330 schedules. So my post was simply a reverse of that scenario. Except I never called the office workers lazy nor made any such inference.
In fact I made zero "cheap shots" towards the ground staff. I reread my post again to make sure, and am pretty sure you either misread the intent of the post, or I did not state it clearly. But there are no cheap shots, insinuations or references made to how hard the ground staff work. The post referenced office staff, but again there were no cheap shots or derogatory remarks made toward them either. Just out of curiosity how many of your 330/340 brothers actually get this insane overtime? Yes, I would agree with you if office staff were given overtime they would take advantage of it. There is a reason pilots get paid so much overtime $$. It is precisely to get the company to hire more pilots.

I always tell my friends, one of the reason pilots get paid what they do is to miss Christmas and children's birthdays. However, what EK pilots are doing is well above and beyond.

I, (Yes this is my personal opinion.) feel that one of the reasons Pilots and FA's get the short end of the stick is precisely because no one in the office has to work with them en masse on a daily basis. They have zero representation in the meeting rooms. EK Pilots work 30% more than when they were hired. In order to translate that over to office staff would mean everyone in EGHQ would be working Saturdays. During ALL measures imposed to "Save the company $$", how many affected only the EGHQ guys vs the Flight crew. Simply put, it's easy to sit in an office impose rules and changes on people you will never have to see. Yes, that last bit was a shot but not at the office staff.

Last edited by 120feet; 28th Nov 2015 at 16:21.