PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Rotary Nostalgia Thread
View Single Post
Old 28th Nov 2015, 11:31
rgrevans

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bo.105 question - leading to other issues

I too am a keen plastic modeller - I run Whirlybird (we make after market items for the plastic modelling hobby, and I'm particularly inrerested in helicopters).

I am currently looking at helicopters used in the North Sea oil and gas industry, with a view to producing model kits or conversion sets for them.

If you want to see some of the things I've produced, look at our website (under construction at the moment, but it will give you an idea of what we do):

www.whirlybirdmodels.com

This year, for example, I did a conversion kit to make G-BALZ, and previously I did several S-61N conversion kits (for aircraft from Bristows, KLM, BA and Schreiner), S-58Ts from BA, Bristow and KLM, and a BA Boeing Vertol 234.

This year, I'm trying to do some sets for Super Pumas - probably a SAR one (either G-JSAR or one of the Bond ones) as well as rig support aircraft from Bristows, Bond etc. Can anybody help me with good detailed photographs of the aircraft (close up so that I can see all the small maintenance markings etc. if possible), and also enough information so that I can help the modellers out there to use and modify the existing 1/72 model kits (Italeri are still producing 1/72 Super Puma kits, but the Heller ones seem hard to find)? I need to know which features (such as fuselage length, window configuration, sponson design etc.) apply to which aircraft - they seem to vary quite a lot from operator to operator.

I am also interested in any other helicopters used in the North Sea, so any information would be very welcome.

Thanks in advance for your help.