PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK flight Ops Who is in Charge?
View Single Post
Old 28th Nov 2015, 08:51
harry the cod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ekwhistleblower

Without wishing to appear facetious, perhaps they're applying the same principle to this position as they do for new pursers. 6 months on the job 'training' without the new pay but all of the responsibility. That's six months DSVP salary that can be saved, not, I'd imagine, an insignificant amount. As for the 'contestants' in the race, JA would be the sensible choice. HAH is a figure head smoothing over the locals talking politics while drinking copious amounts of coffee in the Majlis. His current role in training has been invisible and jumping 2 grades, whilst acceptable within the HR policy, would be an unlikely move. JA can get to grips with the mess he's inherited and with 5 years or so from retirement, DSVP would work well for him. HAH can bide his time, follow closely with JA then perhaps take over himself for the last 4-5 years, assisting with the Emiratisation policy!

As already alluded to on another thread, I agree with you. It's nothing short of disgraceful. I wonder if the same will the same occur when STC retires?

Harry