PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK flight Ops Who is in Charge?
View Single Post
Old 28th Nov 2015, 08:07
ekwhistleblower

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EK flight Ops Who is in Charge?

So the time has come and gone for the DSVP to leave. It has been announced that he has a new job but he still doesn't seem to have disappeared.

As I understood it there were 2 possible replacements and promoting his deputy would have made the most sense and would IMHO be a sound appointment. A man of sharp intellect that is prepared to show leadership rather than just manage his own career....I hope.

Of course there would be a few snags for those further up the greasy pole as they might actually get told what was happening at the coal face with the filter removed. But as they say knowledge is power and were I in senior management I would want to be given sound information, even if it was uncomfortable, rather than keep getting shoved into square corners because the minions won't raise their heads above the parapet to point out the issues.

If they don't make the change what does that say about senior management's perception of either the candidates' capabilities or their desire to be told the truth rather than drink the political cool aid? Anyway you cut it, from the outside it appears to show indecisiveness and weaknesses coupled to poor succession management. All utterly avoidable.