PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - (CL-600) N1 Indicator Compensation
View Single Post
Old 28th Nov 2015, 03:41
TurboCompound

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
(CL-600) N1 Indicator Compensation

Hi all, this is my first post, so apologies if it's in the wrong thread/has been asked before (though I didn't find it in a search).

So I'm working on a detailed computer simulation of the Canadair Challenger 600 based on data from an actual flight manual, and I found a small detail that isn't particularly well explained. Here is the excerpt:
"T. O. / NORM SWITCH:
(Two position toggle switch)
T.O. - Fan speed indicator compensation is on. NORM - Fan speed indicator compensation is off. Actual N1 speeds are shown on indicator."
This is a caption labeling the corresponding switch on a diagram of the engine display unit.

The function is briefly described later in the document:
"For engines that produce more than rated thrust at a given N1 rpm, the system will bias the affected N1 %RPM indicators to read up to 2% high if the T.O./NORM switch is in the T.O. position."
I'm afraid that I'm not quite sure I understand how the indicator will behave differently with this system on, but hopefully one of you can help me out.

Thanks

PS: If you've piloted the classic Challenger before, feel free to tell me any quirks I should know that the flight manual wouldn't have covered.