PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Razor gangs hit Broome?
View Single Post
Old 28th Nov 2015, 02:39
MakeItHappenCaptain

Location: Hollister, Hilo, Pago Pago, Norfolk Is., Brisbane, depending which day of the week it is...
Received 31 Likes on 9 Posts
I worked there as well, Peuce, but these days it seem they are starting to head in a TSA direction.

Contents of my tray in Perth on Thursday arvo, a cap in which was my sunnies, wallet, keys, phone, ASIC, bars, $2.30 in change, a small torch, two cigarette lighters (warning!!!! I SHOULD have been read the riot act for that one) and half a pack of durries. Placed a second tray inverted over the top to stop the curtains dragging loose items out (as the "guard" feeding the belt usually does, but this dickywhacker decides to ask why I did it. He then proceeds to wave his hand around in the cap, scattering everything through the tray, tipping all the cigarettes out and breaking half of them in the process (at $1 a pop nowdays, onya buddy) which then means I now have loose tobacco everywhere.

Grabbed it back off him, saying "What are you doing?!? Do you REALLY have to do this?!? Look what you're doing!"
Reply, "The x-ray can't see through it when it's all piled up."
"You idiot. I used to do this job. I TRAINED people to use the screening gear. It CAN see it. You don't know ****."
"Sir, it can't see..."
"YES IT CAN. Just put the bloody thing through..."

Supervisor watching this shaking her head quietly says she'll have a word to him as I collect my stuff...

Other fun one I had was a guard who after asking and being shown what the (empty) leatherman pouch on my belt was, decided to stuff her fingers in there to check it was empty.