PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 'Free Win 10 upgrade?'
View Single Post
Old 27th Nov 2015, 15:48
Loose rivets
Psychophysiological entity

Location: Tweet Rob_Benham Famous author. Well, slightly famous.
Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts
I get that via the Windows button as mentioned above. It's nice to see that option. However . . . I've been Gotcha'd.

I posted this on the HTGeek forum. It just shows how easy it is to make a fool of oneself. (I think the truth is, part of me just wants new toys every day.)

While I'm now well kitted up with experimental soft and spare computers, a very intrusive offer of Windows appeared on my main PC. I was mindful of this 'free forever' statement quoted earlier in this thread.

I became quite good at detecting ambiguous statements while polishing writing skills, but I fell for this Gotcha and find W10 not just "downloading for later", but setting an install date which can't be altered more than once. It's on my main PC which contains the draft of my 700 page novel in several formats. Should have known better than to trust MS. :unamused:

I did give it permission to download, but then it started to prepare, and then gave me an install time of later today. (I'm on GMT for now) As mentioned I get one crack at setting another date.

I've heard of the need to vary 16 different possible intrusions to regain control of, and indeed ownership of one's data. So just a teensy bit T'd of with MS and indeed, myself.