PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Caravan C208 Annual Servicing Costs - $33,837
Old 27th Nov 2015, 13:13
gerry111

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts
Torres,

Your comments are fair. I happen to own a 1989 Toyota Supra Turbo that cost me $60k when new. It will turn 70,000 Kms on my next trip. Like you with your Mazda sports car, I have supplementary oil and filter changes done. The Toyota dealer that sold it to me still does all the mechanical services for me. (Their current Service Manager was the dealership apprentice mechanic when I bought the car 26 years ago! He very kindly personally does all the services for me. He still remembers helping to fit the air conditioning unit all those years ago!)

So for 26 years, I've happily paid the maintenance, registration and insurance costs. And the car has simply been an opportunity for me to go driving whenever I wanted to do so. I still love driving the car as much as I did the day I took delivery of it. Sure it has been a financial indulgence. But I've never complained to anyone about that!

So Torres, you and I aren't complaining about the cost of ownership of our fun toys.

But Dick apparently is. As I said before, if you only fly your Cessna Caravan for 50 hours per year, perhaps ownership isn't the best way to go?