PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Part M Light
Thread: Part M Light
View Single Post
Old 27th Nov 2015, 10:48
Capot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From what I hear about an EASA Workshop earlier this week on its review of the Airworthiness Review Process, and the comments that came from the stage about "Part M Light" and its introduction, I think we should all lower our expectations of real progress from EASA, if indeed you can lower them any more. EASA appears, so far as Continuing Airworthiness regulation is concerned at least, to be being sucked downwards into a whirlpool of more and more regulations that try to put previous regulations right, and instead make matters worse.

The hilarous absurdity was the presence of the QAMs of many very large airlines, with fleets of A380s, B777, B787, B747 etc etc, in the same room as representatives from sailplane clubs (yes, there was one at least, according to the attender list) to discuss an NPA about Airworthiness Reviews on the basis of a common interest.

Again from what I hear, the NPA was torn apart as unworkable by the large airlines, let alone the small GA organisations.

PS; I realise that EU 2015/1088 was a step towards a better life, but there's a lot more bureaucracy surrounding NPA 2015-08 as EASA ties itself in knots trying to achieve a futile and unnecessary consistency among its regulations for large CAT and small non-CAT aircraft. It describes this consistency as desirable, without any evidence why that should be so, except to a bureaucrat trying to achieve "one rule fits all".

Last edited by Capot; 27th Nov 2015 at 11:14.