PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Razor gangs hit Broome?
View Single Post
Old 27th Nov 2015, 06:50
Compylot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You see, it can be a bit hard for someone who isn't a Pilot to understand what we have to put up with sometimes.

Often I am walking through the terminal, resplendent in my crisp uniform, the click claking of my RMs making a perfect beat to the song playing through my head (often Staying Alive by the Bee Gees).

As I swing past a pretty girl, I can see her posture change as she glimpses me striding past. Time seems to slow down as she flicks her hair, blonde locks bouncing across her face in slow motion, pupils dilating and lips
ever so slightly parting as she exhales softly in admiration.

My spell is broken as yet another little boy yells and tugs at his mothers jumper, babbling and pointing at me in excitement.

Then, as I approach the security screening point my mood changes. The guards look up and I notice their eyes squint, knowing glances
are passed among them and I steel myself for a confrontation.

Chucking my flight bag on the belt and throwing my aerosol can in the tray I mutter something about "Mall Cops". Getting through the other side the woman with the wand deliciously replaces her swab licking her lips and eyeing me with a snarl at the anticipation of ordering me to undergo a test.

You see, I am Pilot.

And I don't like feeling like I don't have control.

I have an ego and it hurts me to feel like I am not that little bit more superior and important than everyone else so I whinge and complain at the gate. Sometimes I just make rude comments, sometimes I chuck a tantrum and begin to undress while ranting about the crash axe and how many tons of fuel I can carry.

Other times I find great comfort in complaining on anonymous forums and it is so important Gentlemen that we share our stories and experiences.

It helps with the healing process.

Stay strong Gentlemen

Last edited by Compylot; 27th Nov 2015 at 07:03.