PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Scenic Flights NPRM
View Single Post
Old 27th Nov 2015, 06:31
KIWIAUS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Latest

Been watching these new rules and have receive the latest update.

Basically CASA are to busy with all the other changes underway at the moment that this has been put into a hold. They said unlikely to have any movement until the second half of next year.

I am all for the change. I think all the cost and fees involved makes a small operation have to run on an oily rag and a operator that is struggling will try save some money from somewhere. There goes money spent on doing other things right.

To many rules and fees can cause money spent on things that aren't as important. Rather a nicer plane and working environment than a expensive piece of paper saying she will be right.

A small scenic operation running according to the criteria specified is no more dangerous than taking your mates up for a lap. Pilots are giving a CPL because they prove they can make safe decisions. If they can't be safe and handle running a C206 up and down VFR then they never should have been granted a licence from CASA. An AOC for this operation is basically saying they don't believe pilots have common sense. Any decisions about safety in these ops a licensed pilot should know so to me an AOC for this is just a hassle, cost and waste of time.

Besides the proposed changes aren't meaning nothing required just cheaper and less time consuming.

To be honest there is no trust left to operators and pilots. CASA sometimes forgets the pilot likes his life as well (most I hope)

I believe most against the idea will already be operators that were nagged they had to go through the AOC process and are just jelly that its going to get easier. Come on guys that isn't the point of the change, its about safety.

Reduced fees for GA, will improve GA.