PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Caravan C208 Annual Servicing Costs - $33,837
Old 27th Nov 2015, 01:36
Torres

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Dick. I'm not familiar with the system of maintenance your C208B is on, but a major item in there is the 112 hours labour for a four year item, which may now be due?

When the Caravan maintenance program changed to the Task system CASA demanded that all Caravans were to be put onto the system, as they deemed the annual inspection criteria inadequate.
I think Eddie is suggesting that CASA deemed the Cessna manufacturer's system of maintenance inspection criteria inadequate, thus imposed a more arduous and obviously far more expensive system?

What would a similar service cost on a Beaver?
I have no idea but I'm willing to bet the labour burden and cost for an annual inspection, 100 hourly and new MR for a DHC2 Beaver would be far, far less than your Caravan! Ludicrous I know, but a 60 year old rag and bone aircraft with big, round and oily engine probably costs far less to operate than your low hour, high tech machine.

Do you have the same excessive maintenance costs for the CitationJet, due to the prescribed system of maintenance?