PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MIG 21 QUERY......
View Single Post
Old 27th Nov 2015, 00:25
Thelma Viaduct

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DOC.400
Gents -once again, many thanks for your feedback. Just got this e-mail from my pal.

'.......cool input indeed, confirming the direction I sort tried to encourage in our story :-)
Looked at a lot of Mach loop footage and Random airshow MIG-21 videos for inspiration.

MIG zooming past coming around and attacking again, chopper ducking low in the valleys and lake side arms, hopping over a ridge etc. and 2-3 MIG passes , eventually AH-6 reappearing behind a ridge facing the approaching MIG and hitting the MIG as it’s puling up/to the side / is veering off… I had 3 ˝ days in the camera Helicopter air 2 air with the AH-6 aka MD-520 which was real fun !!

The only sad thing is that you basically confirm that the MIG-21 would not really deploy the speed brakes aka air brakes even in tight turns, as for any fighter keeping the speed is more important than a bit tighter turn… sort of what I expected. I was just looking for some visually interesting bits for the steep turns… we mights till do it once :-) we also might make the turns a bit tighter / MIG-29-ish that we should, the vector thrust like turns just look more sexy … I think artistic license it’s called....

BTW the MIG-21 seems to be or have been a really great plane… interesting read from secret US tests :-) .....'

He did send me a link to the latter -20 pages of interesting reading!!

Just FYI these are a couple of the name films he worked on special effects:-

Mel Gibson -The Patriot

The Day After Tomorrow.....
Sunday I believe.