PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Russia sends four SU27s to Syria
View Single Post
Old 26th Nov 2015, 17:48
Hangarshuffle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wouldnt have believed it.

Way back up this thread I said Russia would never deploy, and nothing would come of this thread (or words similar). How wrong I was.
I take it the deployment of the air defence missiles is not for the defence of the Russian expeditionary airbase from attack by Turks, but to project the defence of their aircraft way out over Syria ("comprehensive air defense") as the spokesman says, or the Turkish border, am I correct?
I know very little about Russian missiles, but how good is it in comparison to say, Royal Navy Sea Dart (now defunct but the only one I've ever seen fired, I think). So it will attack any F16 that gets airborne in that region?

Is this the now pretty rapid spiral into an expanding global conflict?
I emailed my M.P repeatedly yesterday and the day before and asked her to vote against RAF air strikes, or air attacks - on any targets in Syria when the vote comes next week. I've been ignored - think she will back the PM for a war escalation, somehow -most of the people fall into line when push come to shove.
I cant understand the hard sell on the war. Its simply not compelling enough a case for me and not worthy of the risk of escalation, to be honest.
If you are in on this, taking part in future war in this region and are planning for it now, then good luck and take care.
HS.