PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Part M Light
Thread: Part M Light
View Single Post
Old 26th Nov 2015, 15:27
Bob Upanddown

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Marchettiman ELA 1 maintenance
I think you need to have a deep and meaningful conversation with your maintenance company.

If you have a privately used ELA1 aircraft and want to take the legal responsibility for writing your own maintenance programme you now have every right to do so. As of July 2015 that's the law.

If your maintenance company suggest that they won't agree (and therefore renew your ARC) go to another one who has a more enlightened attitude to aircraft maintenance...there are plenty of them.
If as un-enlightened as some I have found, good luck.
Some are deliberately not buying into this (for obvious reasons - it will kill a lot of their income) but most haven't a clue about it.
Back when Part M was coming in, the CAA had seminars for engineers and the local CAA surveyor knew all about it and would, at least, give some guidance. I am told all that has changed. The CAA haven't done anything to inform maintenance organisations or engineers and no-one has seen a CAA surveyor for months.

If we saying this compares to a Permit to Fly annual, I have seen owners and LAA inspectors knock those off in a day. Against the usual "couple of weeks in the Hangar" annual completed by most firms, that's a huge loss of income. Don't expect to be welcomed when you ask if you can switch to the MIP.