PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Metrojet crash Eygpt
View Single Post
Old 26th Nov 2015, 11:37
A0283

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@Data guy... AD

Thanks for posting that . The AD refers to pilot induced rudder doublets. Just one of the boxes to tick off in the Metrojet case. Even when a bomb is officially reported to be 100% certain, knowledge from doublet damages might be used to better understand the Metrojet break up sequence.

To be able to better understand and compare this aspect I wonder if anyone here has information on commercial or test pilots actually performing rudder doublets on Boeing aircraft and their resilience to that kind of pilot action. Condition being Inflight and above 200 knots.

In the AAL587 case it went over Ultimate Load to about 193% of Limit Load at 250knots after about two and a half doublets. In the AAL587 docket there is some information on Boeing design aspects but not surprisingly on doublet statistics (or cases) in Boeing test or operational service (as far as i have read it till now).

I think this is within, but almost at, the 'border' of the Metrojet case. In order not to lose a response, if you have some (deep or detailed) info on this you can also privmail me.

Last edited by A0283; 26th Nov 2015 at 12:40. Reason: Add condition