PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 'Free Win 10 upgrade?'
View Single Post
Old 26th Nov 2015, 09:12
BEagle

Received 279 Likes on 113 Posts
Cumulative update for Windows 10 version 1511

Micro$oft has finally sorted out the latest update for Windows 10. The 'November update' had caused problems to some by overriding user privacy settings, but they claim to have fixed this in Build 10586.

However, the upgrade process takes an absolute age! I started it at 21:00 last night, it took nearly 2 hours before it was ready to restart, then after a further hour of a blank screen, I let it get on with things and went to bed. This morning it had finished, but nagged me for another set of upgrades for the processor and graphics card. Which took a further 30 minutes, including another restart.

Once the restart was complete, I noticed that it had changed my WiFi preference; normally I use an external 5 GHz adapter, but the upgrade had switched back to the internal 2.4 GHz card. It had also deselected my Homegroup settings to link with other devices, so that took a little time to correct.

The difference? Right-clicking on the Start button gives a less Windows 8.1-like menu, it's now in white on grey. Quite a few other tweaks-for-geeks, no doubt.....