PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Razor gangs hit Broome?
View Single Post
Old 26th Nov 2015, 09:04
ForkTailedDrKiller

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Quote:
...chucking my wallet into a tray: "Go for your life. It will be a new experience for my wallet. I travel a lot and it has never been X-rayed before".
The job requirement of an Airport Screener is to ...detect and remove prohibited and dangerous items during screening. That is achieved by the use of various processes and requirements. One of which is that we need to ensure everything is ..out of pockets and on a tray, or in a bag. I don't care which...except for some requirements I'll talk about later. The request to remove such items from pockets is a lawful and reasonable request. It also gives you a better chance of successfully getting through the "walk through metal detector" without it alarming. You will not be permitted to enter the sterile area until you can either achieve that or be cleared by secondary, and more intrusive, screening.
Yes, this is obviously all very important!

I have been through the security screening three times in the last two days - once leaving my regional home town, once at Brisbane domestic and once at Sydney domestic.

Same wallet, in same pocket, on all three occasions - not a problem!

Can't remember the last time I have set off the metal screening alarm ( I get screened at least twice a week)!. I find it interesting that I can wear my RMW top boots, large metal belt buckle, metal framed sun glasses and a mostly metal biro in my pocket and not set off the alarm - anywhere!

Home town screening got excited about a biro refill in my carry on bag until they found it - then gave it back to me. Brisbane and Sydney didn't bother about it.

Its the inconsistency of procedures that bug an INTJ like me!

Dr

Last edited by ForkTailedDrKiller; 26th Nov 2015 at 09:15.