PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Cadets grounded?
View Single Post
Old 25th Nov 2015, 22:22
Chugalug2

Received 228 Likes on 71 Posts
BB:-
That's how the thread started, it's moved on to the recovery and the future for the organisation.
Moved on by you, BB? Threads I grant move to and fro, often with loud shrills of "thread drift", but this is the first time I've been accused of thread drift for posting re the OP! How does your recovery work without aircraft anyway?

You may not like what I write, to be honest I'd much prefer to feel not compelled to. There have been threads here re fatal accidents concerning Nimrod, Hercules, Chinook, Tornado, Sea King and the MB Mk10 seat. I think that on every one I, and others like me, have been invited to post elsewhere. This was about their world, so butt out! Yet each of those accidents had two things in common, unairworthiness and lost lives; 14, 10, 29, 2, 7, and 1 respectively. 63 needless and avoidable deaths.

That is why your aircraft are grounded and, before rearranging the deckchairs, you need to take that on board. It is very easy to ground a fleet, but very difficult to get it off the ground again, especially when the problem is systemic rather than purely technical. Just saying...