PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is it me or is this company procedure . . . . odd?
Old 25th Nov 2015, 20:01
RAT 5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've worked for a bunch of airlines in different countries. After the good ol' CRM introduction the FLT OPs depts went berserk. Maximum combined C/A + Pilot recurrency training, etc. Trouble was the syllabus was always written by the less work loaded SEP trainers. They were very often low experienced highly motivated newbies, and knew very little. The training sessions were, for me, farcical. Their ideas of what really went on, and what we thought and what we would be doing was so far out of touch as to be a joke; yet they were giving the training sessions. The local XAA was satisfied that combined safety recurrency training had been given to an approved syllabus. Box ticked. JOKE!
The last bunch and a C/A call signal to the F.D for a perceived ground emergency situation. The SEP manual stated what should be said, and it as always for a fire. The was no guidance given for any other scenario, it as only for a fire, of unspecified severity. There was no guidance for what the pilots should do. I asked, many times, if we should stop the a/c and prepare for evac. No reply from FLT OPs. I asked when could the C/A give the call, and when not? No reply. JOKE, but boxed ticked.
There is much to be sorted out, if only you knew.