PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is it me or is this company procedure . . . . odd?
Old 25th Nov 2015, 18:05
oicur12.again

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
“You seem to be of the opinion that cabin crew are somehow not as capable or not as well trained as flight deck in an emergency situation.”

I don’t think they are fully aware of the quick action required during a high-speed abort or the consequences of confusion at a critical stage of flight. I am not implying they are poorly trained at their duties though but I would welcome any CC to visit a sim training session to watch how an RTO would unfold from the other side of the door.

A brief discussion at my previous airline during EP’s recurrent on the very subject of RTO indicated that CC opinion as to “how long do they think the take off roll lasts” varied from “10 seconds” to “several minutes”.

“There is only one situation where they are allowed to do so: and that is if they see visible flame in the cabin”

Fair enough. Your airline has a procedure in place and is probably practiced in recurrent. My very concern is there are no procedures in place, no standard phraseology and no training for such an event at my new airline. Just an informal agreement that something should occur.

“if anyone here got the emergency cabin call bell on the roll below V1 it would be stop now, ask questions later.”

It may not be that simple. Many A320/A330’s I have flown (including the present ones) have the aural function of the emergency call inhibited above 80 knots for a reason. Not sure if its standard pinning on all Airbus’s?

Interesting feedback with thanks, I will bear in mind this input and approach the concept with open eyes.