PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Breaking news on Sky.....
View Single Post
Old 25th Nov 2015, 12:26
The Civil Civillian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Easy Street: "Civil Civilian,

The Turks have, up to now, been careful not to directly intervene in Syria. Funding and arming rebels, as they and the US have been doing inside Turkey, can be achieved without tripping over the line into state-on-state war. However, if your conclusion that "They're protecting their men below" is correct, then this was an act of war by Turkey against the Syrian state, which is engaged in civil war with those men inside Syria, and also against Russia, which is acting on behalf of the Syrian state with its sovereign authority. I really and truly hope that your conclusion is wrong, but have my doubts."

It seems a bit elementary to think Turkey downed a Russian plane for a simple 5 or 10 second over-flight of a Turkish istmus? I suggest there's more to it.

Who are the Turkmen that are reported to have killed two Russian pilots? - Telegraph

"Who are the Turkmen that are reported to have killed two Russian pilots?

/snipped/

In Syria the Turkmen, who are linguistically and ethnically Turkish, live alongside Arabs and Kurds, but have mostly aligned with non-jihadist anti-Assad rebel groups.

/snipped/

"In recent days, thousands of civilians have fled over the border, saying they feared Russian bombing raids in support of regime forces in the area. ..."