PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 25th Nov 2015, 10:33
Walter603

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Danny,
Stand by for a surprise and take a deep breath............
I remembered that I applied for my Air Force history some years ago, so went searching, found the record, and it says I was posted to No. 8 ITW Newquay on 24th May 1941 The previous fortnight I remember was at Babbacombe Receiving Centre, where one of my AC2 working mates, looking around our billet (another hotel) and anticipating varied mixed duties, said words to the effect that he didn't mind this, that and the other bit of bull, but he was ****** if he was going to spit and polish his boots.
So there it is, my friend; we were at ITW together75 years ago. The name of that hotel I mentioned I think was called "Eastleigh"or some such. The German bloke was so completely repulsive in his talk about the better way (of course) that they did things in Germany that Ross and I kicked him out and we found another mate. When we passed out of SFTS with our Wings on 23 December, Hasenfus was commissioned, and you will believe it because that's the way the idiot Service managers did things in those days.

Last edited by Walter603; 26th Nov 2015 at 09:01.